Sunday, June 2, 2013

Rock Me Mama, Like a Wagon Wheel

I'm loving that song right now, and I'm also loving the piece that immediately made me think of that song.  See, even when I'm giving up a Saturday of potentially awesome yard sale-ing, I still manage to score some bad-ass furniture. 

It's like magic y'all.  It's what I do.

So we had our second show on Saturday, and when we returned home this was the first thing I saw when I walked into our basement.  It certainly wasn't there when we left.


No worries, we're not partaking in the live action version of Oregon Trail, and I'm fairly confident nobody in our household is going to die of Typhoid Fever as a result.  

It's a tea cart!


Sure, nobody's really pushing their tea around on carts anymore.  But if you could see what I see, you'd be all SADDLE ME UP, PARTNER.  

I'm all out of Western references.  Stay tuned to see the end result! 

On Sunday I was hoping to get in a couple yard sales, one in particular that I spotted late yesterday.  No such luck, it got rained out.  Then, like magic, there was talk of a desk.  

 
Meet Qunicy!  Some dear friends of ours said they had a small desk on their front porch and did we want it.  


Needless to say, we couldn't get there fast enough.  Quincy's solid wood, with dovetailed drawers.  He's gorgeous!  And he's a great size.  He's not so massive that he's going to take up a whole room, but with all his storage potential he's very practical.  I'm happy to take him in and make him look his best!

Speaking of desks, we've got this guy hanging out.


His name's Dylan.  He's solid mahogany that absolutely glows in contrast to the cool blue he's painted.  


I love the two-tone look of Dylan.  In his past life, Dylan was a bow-front vanity.  Now, he's a bow-front desk.  The original furniture tag is still on the back!




Check out those drawers!  Great storage potential in Dylan.  And they're dovetailed.




He's being listed for sale tomorrow, so if you're interested let me know.  We've also got some pieces that came back with us after yesterday's show, and they'll also be listed as well.  Thanks to everyone who came out to see us!  We met a lot of great people, and we're already gearing up for next month! I'm also pleased to report I've received an update on Joan and she's doing well and looking beautiful in her new home.


I love seeing my stuff in their new forever homes, and I could not be more thrilled for Joan.  She's happily living out her days holding dog toys, and she looks great.  Way better than the sad, dirty bench I pulled out of a garage a month ago! 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a 1/2 price box of "over produced donuts" calling my name.  
 I live for bakery clearance items - good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment