Monday, January 13, 2014

This Isn't A Real Update





Last week I learned that I had to travel to Florida this week for work.  This morning I woke up and thought to myself "I go to Florida on Tuesday."  Well, nobody told me Tuesday comes after Monday, and Monday happened to be today.  

In addition to this morning's general confusion about days of the week, I encountered a Cave Cricket.  He was staring me down from my office/dressing room.  If you don't know what a Cave Cricket is (also known as Camel Crickets) or what they look like, I suggest you Google it but do so with caution.  Once seen, they can't be unseen.  I beat this morning's intruder with a broom.  Repeatedly.  And then I left his carcass on the rug as a message to his friends.  Really, I just didn't want to pick him up and figured Terry could do it when he got home from work.  This was a fine plan until I left work early to come home and pack for tomorrow's trip only to find a dead cricket waiting for me.   

This afternoon was a balancing act of trying to pack while avoiding a dead cricket, and phone calls.  Phone calls about phone calls.  All leading up to a conference call tonight.  Needless to say, I'm still not entirely packed - and I'm only going to be gone for 27 hours.  Of those 27 hours, about half the time will be spent with dead people.  It's not like I have to dress to impress. 

Which brings me to my next and final point.  The purpose of this trip is to assist on-site at a surgical workshop.  This time tomorrow I will be thawing...  Well, let's just say I won't be thawing dinner.  And yet, I can't pick up a dead cricket.  

My life is full of paradox.    

2 comments: