Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Beach Chest

Well, hello there.

We went to meet this sweet cedar chest tonight.  She's a gorgeous piece with darling detail.  The best part?  She has a story.  She belonged to the customer's grandmother.  The grandmother evidently had quite the dog, who scratched up the piece pretty well.  Grandmothers and dogs - I'm a sucker for both so I'm more than happy to take on this project.

Kenny's more impressed with Frito's cookie.
And I'm proud to say that we brought her home tonight!  

Grandma's dog did quite the tap-dance routine on this chest.
I've got my work cut out for me, but this piece is so amazing that you can just tell she wants to be pretty.  Strip it, sand it, paint it.  Once she's done, she's moving to the beach!  And as she should.  She deserves a life at the beach.  She deserves to be pretty again. 
 
I'm honored to have the task of making her shine again.  Even if it's not in her original form, we all need a little work now and then.  It's like getting a pedi, or a haircut.  If she feels pretty, she'll be pretty.  And who doesn't want to look their best at the beach!

In other news I have this piece to work on, plus The Little Italian Table, plus a custom piece for my awesome bestie who needs a buffet.  Oh yea, and we have our next show on June 1st that I have to get ready for.  And then there's that whole full-time job thing that affords me the luxury of being able to pursue an expensive hobby.  

I'm grateful to be busy.  I'm grateful for this opportunity.  If you don't hear from me for a while, I'm not dead.  I'm just in my basement.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment