Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Day!

Winter gifted us a foot of snow this morning, which made for an official Snow Day for me and Terry.

It's amazing how much one can accomplish on a Snow Day.  

While Working From Home I answered emails, took phone calls, coordinated shipping arrangements for a lab I have next week in Atlanta (Atlanta, please get it together by Tuesday), drafted a couple documents, and even did some minor IT trouble-shooting.  

During my breaks I fixed us lunch, did 3 loads of laundry, ran and emptied the dishwasher, endured two rounds of shoveling resulting in clear sidewalks and a path to the driveway, and got a jump-start on dinner.  

After dinner I worked on 4 different projects in the basement which involved sanding, staining, and painting.

While I was doing all of the above, my beloved was doing this:



Meet Snow Kenny.  What began as simply digging a path in the backyard for the boys to go outside (the snow is taller than they are), Terry decided it was best to make them a backyard track so they could run around.

They're Chihuahuas and it's cold; they don't want to run around.



Please note Kenny, lower right corner.
 
A massive snow mound developed as a result of creating his dog track and what better to do with a massive snow mound than sculpt a massive Chihuahua.  Kenny, to be exact. 


Please note the red bow.



I need a Snow Day to recover from my Snow Day and judging by the snoring coming from the couch, I think Terry does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment