Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Marathon Furniture Week

Greetings!  Today wraps up the end of our marathon furniture week, and I couldn't be happier with how everything wrapped up.  On to the pictures!

Friday we delivered a 5 chairs, including the Chippy Chairs and the Clairidge Chair.  Unfortunately it was a rainy day so I couldn't take a picture outside like I'd hoped, but I'm hoping I can get a picture of the chairs in their new home soon!

Saturday I only emerged from my studio (remember, it's no longer a basement!) long enough to snag these guys at an estate sale.

I love that trunk and can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm going to leave the outside as is, but inside is where we'll get to work.  It would make a great coffee table or a foyer bench (I have one in my own foyer) and who doesn't love a piece with storage.  I couldn't resist the iron piece, I think it would look so cute in a garden, or even hanging on a wall (with an anchor of course, that sucker is HEAVY).

Sunday we delivered the custom buffet we'd been working on.  This is what she looked like before:


And this is what she looks like now:


There she is in the space and this is a great example of how a painted piece can tie a room together.  It's the perfect compliment to the wood grain in the other pieces and aids in showcasing them so all the wood doesn't get lost in each other.  I'm so thrilled with how she turned out.  And I'm even happier about the extra space I have in my basement studio now that she's gone!

The same client who purchased the buffet asked if we had enough room in the truck to bring this little guy along too:


That's our antique mirrored shelf and he looks great in her bathroom! 

On Tuesday these two guys were picked up:

That's the Woodie table, and we found a friend we painted to match.  This is a great example of how two pieces of furniture can have the same basic structure (being that they're both pedestal tables) yet look completely different and still work together as a pair.  Love these guys and I'm always on the hunt for pedestal tables so hopefully I'll be able to snag some more soon!

Lastly, today we wrapped up the Quincy desk.  Here's what he looked like before:



And here's what he looks like now:


Also, remember this chest I brought home from our Pittsburgh Road Trip?



This is what it looks like now:

Both Quincy and the chest left us tonight, and are on their way to a good home.  I love the colors, I love the metallic glaze we used on the desk trim, and I especially love the sleek, sexy, hardware on both.  I can't wait to see how they look in their new home!

I'm so grateful for how busy we've been this past week and I'm sad to have to take a small break.  I'm headed to Las Vegas for the other full-time job I have, and I have a mountain of laundry to tackle before I leave.  That's the only downside to moving this much furniture in just a couple days - basic household needs like laundry get neglected.  I'm totally preoccupied with meeting deadlines and making each piece the best it can be.  So preoccupied in fact that twice I got in the shower to take a shower, and then forgot to actually take said shower.  But it's all worth it to create pieces that people love!  

Maybe I should keep the momentum going and try my luck in Vegas, see you guys when I get back!  



No comments:

Post a Comment