Monday, March 31, 2014

Meet Sophia

The other day Terry sent me this picture with the following text message: "New at the Depot!  Woo!"


Curious, I joined him on a Home Depot trip one evening last week so I could check it out.  Like other branded Chalk Paint, there aren't a ton of pre-mixed colors available, but I was told it is mixable.  In stock, my Home Depot offered a blue and several variations of white.  They also sold an accompanying wax.  I was a little salty because I wanted to try it but I didn't have anything to paint, which is a total lie, because I have a basement full of furniture.  But none of the pieces waiting for me downstairs have told me what they want to look like yet, so I'm in limbo and without any furniture to paint.

But then I bought this table this weekend:


So I promptly went out and bought this paint in color Lace:


And with that Sophia was born:

   
Tell me you don't love her.  She really is breathtaking.  I've taken to repeating to myself "don't get attached"every time I sneak a glimpse of her from the laundry room.  She still has a little repair work that needs to be done, and I need to wax her, but her overall appearance will not change.  As far as the paint - it worked nicely!  I'm pleased with the finish, I think it's on par with other chalk paints.  That 8 oz. container cost me about $9.  I did two coats on the table and used a little more than half the container.  Once lightly sanded upon completion it has the same soft, velvety texture of other chalk paints.  I don't always use it, but certain pieces call for chalk paint.  For those that do, I have no problem using Home Depot's brand again.

Unrelated, but what a difference 24 hours makes.  This time yesterday, there were snow emergencies being declared and the rain we'd endured all weekend turned into a wintry mix and then eventually all snow.  Minor accumulation, but it was cold, wet, and windy.  Today - sunny and 65.  Kenny got to assume his position, ready for Spring.

       
And despite all the crazy weather, these guys are still hanging out in my backyard.




And now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to Chicago to hang out with frozen lower extremities. 

1 comment:

  1. who bought the table? after many, I repeat many phone calls????many urgent phone calls...but I do like this version of the table!

    ReplyDelete