Sunday, June 1, 2014

Birdcages & Picture Frames

I want all the birdcages.  They're beautiful and graceful, adding a sweet detail to whatever space they occupy.  I've slowly accumulated a few birdcages with grand designs of hanging them in my garden where they'd add a pop of whimsy as they overflowed with flowers. 

These types of things always look better in my head.

But sometimes you get lucky, and your mom finds you a silk hydrangea pin at an estate sale, and the latest birdcage sitting on your kitchen table looks a little less pathetic.


 I also started my picture frame collage this weekend.  It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, and I've collected some really great frames.  I didn't intend to actually start hanging them, but it served the purpose of getting them up and out of the way for the time being.  All the frames are white, with the exception of the two I've yet to paint.  Right now they're hanging along the steps leading into the basement.  This will not last forever - the first time I carry a piece of furniture upstairs, it'll be game over.  




My favorite:



And the detail...



My attempt to get the full picture:


It's ok, I only almost fell down the steps and died four times.  And that was just trying to take the pictures, you should have seen me trying to hang these suckers.  As you can see I've got a couple more to paint.  I wanted them white, but that's because I have far bigger plans for these frames than just hanging out by my basement stairs.  However, I kind of like the white on white.  Sure they'd pop more on a colored wall, but they add a subtle dimension to an otherwise blah space.  

The countdown begins now to see how long they stay up before Terry hits his head on one.  Or before I break my leg falling down the stairs trying to hang more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment